INSTRUCTOR: Samantha da Silva
DATES: March 20 & 21, 2021
TIMES: 10 am – 3 pm (30 min lunch break included)
COST: $210 (Supplies not Included)
Ages: 16 and up
A Zoom link will be sent to you upon your registration.
Play, experiment, have fun! Explore spontaneous creation with emphasis on “no rules!”.
Join professional artist Samantha da Silva as she shares her unorthodox method of painting: Rollers rather than brushes, tables instead of easels, lots of paint and water, canvas manipulation and plaster, salt, sand and wood shavings to create ethereal, textured abstracts.
Heart-centered discussions will be offered to assist you to let go of fear, silence the inner critic, turn up your intuition & explore your own artistic style in a safe, supportive environment including: 6 Questions to Help You Paint Fearless, Compassionate Critiques, How to tell your painting is finished, and so much more!
Everyone is considered a beginner. No previous artistic experience necessary, just an open mind and an open heart.
WORKSHOP OUTLINE | 2-days
1. Philosophy “The process of creation evolves into ideas.”
2. Materials Overview Deep VS Thin profile canvas Artist VS Student quality paint
3. How to Begin
Fear no canvas: Set your intention Tone your canvas
4. Fearless Abstract Painting Foundational Techniques Use nature as a starting point Paint application with a roller Use water to blend colors Canvas manipulation Paper towels to lift & transfer color
Modelling Paste VS Gloss gel Plaster Make your own mediums using salt, sand & sawdust
6. Create Depth in Your Paintings Glazes VS Washes
- 2 Canvases 24″ X 30″ each
- 1 Mini Paint Roller
- 2 Mini Paint Roller Foam Inserts
- 5 Acrylic Paint Colors (that resonate with you):
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Cobalt Blue
- Neutral Grey
- Paynes Grey
- Red Oxide
- Titanium White
- Unbleached Titanium
- Yellow Oxide
- 1 Paper Towel, Roll
- 1 Saran Wrap, Roll
- 1 Spray Bottle, Large
- 1 DAP Spackling Paste
- 1 Acrylic Gel Medium, Matte
- 1/2 Cup Salt, Sand and/or Sawdust
- 1 Drop Cloth
- 1 Painting Apron
- 1 – 3 Landscape/Nature photos that inspire you
- Optional: Gloves